Wednesday, December 5, 2012

IT'S COMING TOGETHER...

I owe you this. It has been nearly three months since my last post. It hasn't been due to lack of material to post. These months marked a hectic time in my life known as the prenuptial period and two weeks ago I became a married man. Not to follow in the footsteps of the doomed protagonist of which I have so meticulously studied for the past three years, I placed the needed attention towards my fiance and our wedding day. If there is one thing that I've learned from Victor Frankenstein, it's that obsession in your craft is unhealthy and can/will destroy the relationships around you.

Now that the wedding is behind me and I can get back into my industrious passions, I felt it best to give you fiends an update on the Frankenstein book. Design has been cranking away on cleaning up artwork and placing text among my pictures. I couldn't ask for a better designer to be working with me on this project. She understands the typography of the era and how to blend it with my hyper-stylized work. I have received a forward from Bernie Wrightson which will be included in the book. Bernie is the illustrator of, what the majority would refer to as, the most comprehensive-quintessential version of Frankenstein published to date. I'm honored that he took the time to write up a few words. I'm sure you are familiar with his Frankenstein book, but if not, you HAVE to pick up a copy (buy it here).

Just today I received an email from design sharing the current version of the cover. What a great email to wake up to. I thought you would like to see it as well...


No comments:

Post a Comment